If there’s one thing known to many about me, it’s my love for make up and beauty products. As if my social media accounts and blog doesn’t show it quite well enough, here I am writing about another set of beauty products I just got from BEAUTYMNL, a platform where beauty is given of much importance, a site that is not only a medium for 24/7 beauty shopping, but also one that provides insightful, and helpful articles about beauty, health, and care fit for the Filipina Lifestyle. In a simpler sense, BEAUTYMNL is a digital place where every Filipina can spend hours looking, reading, and actually getting something good out of it one way or another.
Less than a month ago, they reached out to me asking if I was interested in doing a collaboration with them. With my heart beating fast and my endorphins overflowing, I said yes. What girl like me would say no to this offer? After a few brief email exchanges with BEAUTYMNL, I immediately clicked on the plus sign of my browser tab, and started what seemed like a never ending browsing of products and brands in their website. To my amusement, there are loads of brands you can find in BEAUTYMNL. Many of which aren’t actually available in any of the “already” plenty beauty stores here in the country. After a heartbreaking (I say heartbreaking because I wanted to get them all) 1 hour of browsing through the website, I finally settled in getting products I have never tried before. I wanted to try these new (at least to me) products so I could share more to you, my readers. I also made sure I made my own account on my own without the help of BEAUTYMNL, and ordered some using my own money too so I could get the real experience of shopping with them. I listed both the good and the bad I had experienced right off the bat with shopping from BEAUTYMNL:
- The variety of brands available is impressive. There are lots of brands to choose from. They bridge the gap between the Filipinas and the beauty brands that are not easily available in the country.
- Customer service is pretty good. After shopping, you get on-time emails and notifications of your purchase. To me, it gave a sense of relief that my money is safe and that my purchase was taken through and well.
- The delivery is on point. If I am not mistaken, after I did my shopping, my parcel arrived after 3 days. Not bad. In fact, it’s quite admirable considering that there are so many shoppers who could have ordered so many stuff the same time I did.
- BEAUTYMNL has their own product lines for sale which are mostly offered in sets. Although I didn’t buy any of their homegrown products, I can see they have quite a list of good stuff to go with the many brand choices they also carry in their website.
- The website is easy to manage and maneuver. It shows a summary of your shopping cart, helping you keep track of your budget.
POINTS TO IMPROVE ON:
- Most of the many products I initially plan to purchase were out of stock. I am not sure if this is entirely BEAUTYMNL’s fault, but most of the brands I checked out for replacements or as substitutes for my first choices were also out of stock. (Or maybe I just shopped at the totally wrong time).
- Although the variety of brands available in BEAUTYMNL is pretty impressive, there are still so many brands I am interested in which I checked out during my browsing, only to find out they were still in the “COMING SOON” phase. Hopefully we can get all these good stuff available VERY SOON on their site!
With all the things I got from BEAUTYMNL, I was able to create a look which I think is a great look any girl can do! It’s a pretty simple make-up look that will only take a good 5-10 minutes of your precious time to do, one that is fit for a day make up, and can greatly be considered as the “NO MAKE UP LOOK”. As evident in the products I purchased, I wanted to go for the “just woke up looking fresh and pretty” look, . Here’s a short video of me doing my own take of the no-make-up look using products I scored from BEAUTYMNL:
Of course, I can never skip the “WHAT’S HOT, WHAT’S NOT” part of my 2nd beauty haul. In case you missed my 1st WHAT’S HOT, WHAT’s NOT edition, you can check it out by clicking here.
BEACHBORN Sea Salt Spray
Product Description: An all natural sea salt spray for a textured, wavy, or volumized hair.
- Fragrance Free. I love that it doesn’t smell a thing. Helps me maintain and stick to my shampoo scent.
- It’s not sticky. NOT AT ALL. If you’re expecting this spray to give the same feeling spraynets give, then you’re totally wrong. This baby is impressively just like water, but does wonders.
- It is effective even without the help of curling iron. You can just spray in your damp hair, tie your hair up in a twist bun until it dries up. Voila! You now have gorgeous beachy waves.
- It’s only 100ml. I wish they offer this in bigger sizes.
HOT or NOT?
NYX Above & Beyond Full Coverage Concealer
Product Description: Full Coverage Concealer. Light-weight, crease-free.
- Covers imperfections well. As to every other concealer in the world, its main purpose is to hide away all imperfections. This concealer’s coverage is buildable. You can put just a pea amount for light coverage, or go for the full coverage by putting on another layer of the product.
- Won’t empty fast. Since this concealer does a great job in covering imperfections, you only need a small amount of it, making your jar less faster to be empty.
- Blendable. The creamy texture is so smoothly blendable. Very easy to adjust if you think you’ve put it on the wrong areas, or have put too much amount on one place.
- Product Packaging. Although the small jar looks very cute, I don’t think concealers are advisable to be put on jars like this. I would have preferred it better if it was in a liquid lipstick bottle, one where there is already an applicator easily available for use. The down side to this kind of product packaging is it requires you to use a concealer brush, you can’t use your fingers because you’ll ruin the product inside the jar with your nails. (Or maybe I’m just a very OC person, LOL.)
HOT or NOT?
NYX Eyebrow Gel in Chocolate
Product Description: Pigmented eyebrow gel that fills, defines, shapes and enhances.
- THIS PRODUCT DELIVERS WHAT THEY HAVE PUT IN THEIR DESCRIPTION. Gahd, I am so inlove with this one. It really does fill, define, shape, and enhance your brows. Using a thin eyebrow angle brush, you can just pinch out a very small amount of the product from the tube, and have it filled your two eyebrows already.
- The color is so pigmented that it provides very natural looking eyebrows.
- The gel formula is also soft and blendable making it very easy to shape your brows in your most preferred shape.
- The product seem to dry out quite fast. You have to make sure not to use it at a very low temperature room, or else the product will quite make it hard for you to use for shaping your brows.
HOT or NOT?
MISSHA Aqua Gel Tint
Product Description: A long-lasting lip tint that goes on as sheer or as vivid as you prefer. Gel-based, moisturizing formula; long-lasting and natural-looking stain effect; applies sheer and builds up boldly with each coat.
- Fragrance and flavor free. To me, it’s as if the product is very gentle. I’d recommend it to those with sensitive skin.
- The color is very light, but buildable. I think it is a plus that this product is light in color and buildable because it makes it easy to blend in the cheeks.
- The color/ shade doesn’t deliver the exact color the website shows. I picked the scarlet orange, but upon using it, it doesn’t look orange on me at all.
- Pricey. I don’t think the price is worth the result it delivers. There are many other choices for lip and cheek tints that are way better than this one.
HOT or NOT?
HAIR FAIRY Dry Shampoo
Product Description: Instantly cleans hair and absorbs excess oil; revitalizes dull and lifeless locks; adds bounce and body to limp styles; helps protects colored-treated hair; leaves no chalky residue; no water required
- Very affordable. Honestly, the thing that attracted me the most about this product is its price. If you have read my first WHATs Hot and WHATs NOT edition, you might probably know by now how I fancy dry shampoos. The first one I got from a totally different beauty shopping site has set a very high bar for my standards when it comes to dry shampoo despite its flashy price.
- Provides splendid volume. The video I made shows how much volume this dry shampoo has provided me. I have very thin and fine hair, this one pretty plumped up my hair quite very nicely as you can see in the video.
- Strong smell. Although the fragrance is a good smelling fragrance, I personally find too strong.
- It doesn’t remove oil on the scalp at all. I expected it to provide “dry” scalp or at the very least, minimize the oil on my scalp since it is called a “DRY” shampoo. However, disappointingly, it didn’t do much on my scalp oil.
HOT or NOT?
Not so bad, but not so good either.
My verdict say it’s….
You can shop for your own beauty haul with BEAUTYMNL through clicking here. Follow them on Instagram @beautymnl for up to date news on new products, new brands, promos and discounts!